Juliana is a community leader with a commitment to strengthening private foundations and nonprofits’ board health, management, fundraising and relationship with the community. One of her primary interests is to assist nonprofits with creating strong lasting mission-based and financial bonds with donors and the community. With more than 12 years of experience in the nonprofit and trust management areas, she has worked with a wide range of charities and philanthropic individuals to build their boards, planned giving programs, donor files, policies, procedures, relationships and creative ways to leave a legacy. As a strong leader and team player, she committed to building lasting relationships and a stronger community.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Board trainings on fiduciary duty, structure and process
- Strategic planning and process development
- Workshop facilitator
- Facilitate family meetings
- Create policies, procedures and forms for grant making: agreements, follow-up, and brochures.
- Policy implementation
- Create or revise donor relationship management process and records
- Event planning: donor, prospect and alumni
- Grant writing
- Build and manage charitable gift annuity programs
- Accounting for gift annuities, CRTs and endowments on PGCalc and Crescendo
- Create illustrations for planned gift vehicles and review the options with development staff, private advisors and donors
- Direct seminars on planned gift vehicles.
- Corporate giving programs and events
EDUCATION & COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE:
CTFA Certification (lapsed), BA in Architectural Studies from Connecticut College, Current board member of the Minneapolis Chapter of Hadassah, Past President of Neshama Group of the Minneapolis Chapter of Hadassah, past board member of the Minnesota Planned Giving Council & past co-chair of the MPGC Conference, past board member of Corporate Fiduciaries and past member of the Wells Fargo Community Funding Council and member/chair of various committees.